Remote Telemedicine Opportunity — Competitive Pay ($112-$140/hr)
We are looking for a culturally responsive, well-respected clinical care professional available for weekdays, nights, weekends, or on-call shifts with a minimum of 10 state licenses who have an interest in telemedicine opportunities. Physicians will work closely with our platform partners (e.g., large employers, digital health start-ups) to conduct virtual visits via video, phone, connected devices, or asynchronous messages with patients. There are a variety of opportunities, including online urgent care, online concierge medicine, prescription review and approval, lab interpretation, mental health management, and more.
Physicians work independently and are responsible for diagnostic and therapeutic decision-making within industry and locally established standards of care, clinical practice guidelines, and organization policies and procedures. The content of medical decision-making focuses on common conditions that would present within an episodic, acute, or primary care medical practice.
This is a position requiring the physician to work 10-25+ hours a week. As an added benefit, clinicians are hired as W-2 employees. This means not having to deal with self-employment taxes or other contractor-related issues. Potential full-time salaried employment with benefits after initial 90 days, based on qualifications.
We are currently recruiting in all 50 states for clinicians with at least 10 state licenses.
SteadyMD is a nationwide technology company and healthcare provider that delivers high-quality telehealth experiences for digital health companies, employers, consumers, and clinicians nationwide. For digital health companies, SteadyMD provides an on-demand clinician workforce, legal and regulatory guidance, and customized technology to support primary care, behavioral health, digital pharmacy, medical device, at-home lab, and other telehealth operations. For the thousands of clinicians behind its platform, SteadyMD provides an opportunity to build an online practice in key areas ranging from urgent care to concierge care.
- Obtains histories, conducts virtual exams, documents findings, evaluates and diagnoses medical and behavioral health conditions, recommends treatment plans, constructs care plans, enlists support of other members of the team, and promotes peace of mind by investing in patient confidence
- Delivers patient care in high priority content areas, such as behavioral health, sexual health, or care targeting a range of common chronic conditions
- Demonstrates flexibility by adapting as needed to change processes and practice in an evolving environment
- Works with a diverse population. We are an organization that values inclusivity and evidence based care for all populations and all ages
- Communicates effectively with other providers, including using comprehensive charting and messaging
- Delivers patient care that balances the best that medical science has to offer; patient preferences and values; and invests in the future confidence and skills of patients
- Doctor of Medicine Degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine Degree (DO)
- Licensed as a physician in good standing in at least one state. Minimum of 10 state licenses required
- Board-certified in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Preventive Medicine
- 2+ years of post-residency experience in primary care, family practice, or urgent care
- Experience working with children and families a plus
- Outstanding clinical expertise, evidenced-based practice
- Culturally responsive and competent, providing patient education at every visit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Above average comfort with technology and assisting patients with troubleshooting technical difficulties that may occur in the home environment
- Timely and professional
- Telemedicine or virtual care experience
- Typing WPM >40
- SteadyMD requires vaccinations against COVID-19 for all employees and contractors. Medical and religious based exemptions will be considered
- Multiple telemedicine opportunities to earn extra income
- Remote work with flexible hours – work on your own schedule
- Autonomy – select the telemedicine opportunities you want to participate in
- Focus on patient care and leave the administrative work to us
- License assistance to expand your practice to additional U.S. states, if applicable
- Continuing education and peer support
- Malpractice insurance provided, including tail coverage
- Startup environment focused on real healthcare innovation and disrupting the status quo
Diversity and inclusion
At SteadyMD, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment that is distinctly anti-discriminatory against any person.