We know you’ve worked hard for your licensure. You deserve to work in an environment where you are respected, supported by colleagues, and provided with resources and competitive pay.
SteadyMD is looking for culturally responsive, independently licensed Mental Health Therapists with diverse lived experiences. If this resonates, and you have expertise in brief, evidenced-based therapies using objective measurements, we invite you to apply today. Experience with GAD-7 and the PHQ-9 (and other similar assessment tools) is a plus!
Clinicians in our network provide virtual video counseling to patients throughout the country for our partners, including digital health companies, health and wellness apps, large employers, and insurance companies. No chat or texting is required for most programs. We work with our clinicians to match their interests, skill set, and schedule with our partners’ needs.
These opportunities are contracted part-time, as-needed, and FULLY REMOTE. Most placements require 10-20 hours a week, with compensation ranging from $65 to $84 per hour, based on state and complexity of programs/services. As an added benefit, clinicians are hired as W-2 employees. This means not having to deal with self-employment taxes or other contractor-related issues.
SteadyMD is a nationwide technology company and healthcare provider that delivers high-quality telehealth experiences for digital health companies, employers, consumers, and clinicians nationwide. For digital health companies, SteadyMD provides an on-demand clinician workforce, legal and regulatory guidance, and customized technology to support primary care, behavioral health, digital pharmacy, medical device, at-home lab, and other telehealth operations. For the thousands of clinicians behind its platform, SteadyMD provides an opportunity to build an online practice in key areas ranging from urgent care to concierge care.
- Conduct scheduled virtual/remote therapy visits for patients with anxiety, depression and other mental health conditions (including but not limited to stress, relationships, health concerns, etc.). No text or chat engagement required for most programs
- Develop rapport and sustain therapeutic relationships
- Utilize evidence-based approaches to treatment consistent with health/mental health integration and responsive to personal factors in treatment engagement
- Provide culturally reflective services that are individualized to client needs and reflect the integration of race, ethnicity, culture, primary language, immigration status, sexuality, age, and gender
- Cultivate an environment of trust and compassion between patients and providers
- Develop and execute treatment plans based on evidence based practices, and informed by objective data
- Collaborate with other SteadyMD clinicians
- Must hold an advanced degree from an accredited institution in the mental health field (MA, PsyD, PhD, etc.)
- Must be actively licensed to do independent clinical practice (e.g., LCSW, LICSW, Licensed Clinical Psychologist) in at least one of the following states: CA, MA
- Demonstrated experience with diverse populations receiving mental health treatment
- Demonstrated expertise in evidence-based practice; experience with mindfulness-based approaches highly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
- SteadyMD requires vaccinations against COVID-19 for all employees and contractors. Medical and religious based exemptions will be considered
- Opportunity to earn extra income
- Remote work with flexible hours
- Only scheduled appointments — No chat or text for most programs
- Focus on patient care and leave the administrative work to us
- License assistance to expand your practice to additional U.S. states, if applicable
- Continuing education and peer support
- Malpractice insurance provided, including tail coverage
- Startup environment focused on real healthcare innovation and disrupting the status quo
Diversity and inclusion
At SteadyMD, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment that is distinctly anti-discriminatory against any person.